Who Should Attend?
Managers, senior supervisors, team leaders, and others who need to develop their managerial skills for enhanced performance and career progression.
About The Program
In this Basic Negotiation Training Program, TSC will train you to be able to gain insight into the behavior of employees who are deal makers in your organization. We all negotiate daily – in almost everything we do – with friends, family, employers, land lords and many others. There are proven tactics that work, and will help you refine your negotiating style, and improve your ability to bargain successfully and ethically in any situation.
Negotiation is also the key to business success. No business can survive without profitable contracts. Within a company, negotiation skills can lead to your career advancement.
In this Program, we also look at how to prepare negotiation strategies, approach complex situations that need a fair bit of negotiating, bearing in mind the interpersonal conflicts that may arise. You will have an opportunity to share your current negotiation style and challenges, and put together action plans to be able to approach such situations at work.
Along the way, you will gain appreciation for how negotiating skills can help you overcome a wide range of challenges—at work and beyond.
- To achieve better results in both, formal and informal negotiations
- To build confidence in your bartering power and capabilities
- Build positive, productive relationships with all parties at the table
- Improve negotiations by managing your emotions and influencing others
- Create value and “enlarge the pie” to produce win-win outcomes
- What is negotiation?
- Different approaches
- Stages of negotiations
- Dealing with conflicts during negotiations
- Persuading and Influencing
- Action Planning
- Power in negotiations
- Advanced communication skills
- Negotiating in different contexts and cultures
- Recognizing sales and closing techniques
- Negotiating as a team
- Key interpersonal skills needed at each phase
- Recognizing your preferred negotiation style and its strengths and weaknesses
- Understand blockages and deadlocks and immediate next steps
- Handling difficult people and conflict situations